Trick or Treat Safety Tips
- Always accompany young children around the neighborhood.
- Tell older children to remain in a group and stay in communication with you.
- Avoid homemade treats and inspect all candy before it’s consumed.
- Only go to well-lit homes.
- Do not enter any homes or cars for treats.
Halloween Costume Safety Tips
- Dress children in brightly colored or light-colored costumes.
- Use reflective tape, flashlights, or glow sticks for added visibility.
- Make sure their costumes and shoes fit properly to prevent trips or falls.
- Apply non-toxic makeup as an alternative to masks, which can block their view.
- Make sure their costumes and accessories are labeled “flame-resistant.”
Follow these steps and be safe. Enjoy Halloween!