Every year, the World Against Toys Causing Harm publishes their list of the top ten toys you should avoid buying for holiday gifts. Take a look at the list:
- Squeakee Minis Poppy the Bunny – battery injuries
- Radio Flyer Spin ‘N Saucer – impact injuries
- Bright Starts Tummy Time Prop and Play – potential for suffocation
- Perfectly Cute My Lil’ Baby Feed & Go Set – ingestion and choking injuries
- Nerf Hyper Rush-40 Blaster – eye and facial injuries
- Learn to Play Drum – ingesting and choking injuries
- Rollers Light-Up Heel Skates – blunt-impact injuries
- Snake Eyes G.I. Joe Origins Ninja Strike Sickles – blunt force and eye injuries
- My First Hoverboard – head and other impact injuries
- Walmart “My Life As” Shopping Basket – choking injuries
Dangers such as small parts, strings, projectiles, toxic substances, rigid materials, and inaccurate warnings and labels are prevalent among mainstream toys.
So read the labels carefully for age appropriate and safety messages.
Be safe in purchasing your gifts as supply chain shortages might lead to buying more hazardous trinkets.
Source: WATCH and NU Property Casualty 360